SMI Capability Statement Security Consulting
Click to download PDF version of SMI Capability Statement.
About SMISecurity Management International (SMI) is a global security consulting and intelligence advisory services provider. Our principal services include research and analysis, training, emergency response planning, vulnerability assessments, competitive intelligence and technical services. These services are used by numerous US and international clients including varying levels of government, Fortune 500 companies, utilities, law firms and associations. Our professionals have extensive experience and diverse backgrounds from successful careers in intelligence, military, law enforcement, national defense, emergency response, information technology and academia. Many of our employees have lived and worked abroad and regularly apply their extensive scope of knowledge and experience to our varied projects. Cage Code: 6PYL3 DUNS Number: 078402784
- SMI Managing Director presented as Keynote Speaker at “SECURE Australia 2015” (topic: Corporate Espionage)
- SMI Named Finalist for “Consultancy of the Year” at Security Excellence Awards 2013/2014
- Recognized experts for instruction of “CARVER Target Analysis and Vulnerability Assessment Methodology”
- Annual crisis management contracts with major Fortune 500 security departments
- Established in 2010
- Performed consulting projects in 24 countries
- Recognized Small Business
- Managing Director author of Among Enemies: Counter-Espionage for the Business Traveler
- Full-time security operations in Brazil since 2011
- Several associates cleared TS/SCI
- Experts in Counter-Espionage
The SMI VisionSMI will always be be positioned to anticipate and counter both internal and external threats before they can act and to minimize damage should a penetration occur. The staff of SMI will always be the most competent and field tested personnel available. Finally, SMI strives to be #1 Choice for Threat, Vulnerability and Emergency Response across the Intelligence Community.
- CARVER Methodology Training
- Hostile Environment Training
- Security Consulting
- Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Information Technology Assessments
- Event Planning and Security
- Emergency Response Planning
- Competitive Intelligence
- Country Profiles
Primary NAICS & Class Codes
- 611430 – Management/Training
- 928110 – National Security
- 541618 – Management Consulting
- 541690 – Other Scientific/Technical Consulting
- 928120 – International Affairs
Current and Previous Clients
- Description: Provide ongoing CARVER Target Analysis and Vulnerability Assessment Training to USMIL personnel.
- Description: Provided security training to Boeing’s security staff over the course of 14 months.
- Description Provide Hostile Environment Training, as well as provide security in Brazil to media crews during 2014 FIFA World Cup and 2016 Rio Olympics.
- Description: Provide ongoing security consulting services to MIT-Lincoln Labs.
What Customers Say
“The value of a consultancy to me is the quality of their people and the fit to my application. SMI provided the right consultant with a background perfectly aligned to our needs. Their work will pay dividends far into our future.”
- Marty Mulligan, Former President and CEO, Rohde & Schwarz Federal Systems Inc.
“As part of the National Security Directorate, I was proud to have stood alongside of SMI and would highly recommend them for any future projects that require an expert knowledge of threat/vulnerability assessments and emergency response planning. Their personal commitment to this country’s security is evident and I consider myself fortunate to have worked with them. Security professionals do not come any better than these men!”
- Dave Lannom, Jr. National Security Directorate, Oak Ridge National Laboratory